REIMAGINED by Michael Cassell Group
During the first lockdown of Covid, the Michael Cassell Group wanted to do something to bring a bit of joy, distraction, happiness and amusement to our audiences. This paved the way for “MCG: Reimagined”.
MCG: Reimagined unites our alumni principal cast from previous shows, performing songs from musicals that they didn’t feature in. It will become a weekly online series in the hopes to entertain audiences across the country and indeed, around the world.
1. Choose a song from a previous MCG production that you were not featured in (i.e. any show but your own)!
The song can be from:
The Lion King
Singin' in the Rain
Beautiful: The Carole King Musical
Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
2. Let us know what song you have chosen, so that we don’t have too many double-ups!
3. Record the song on your phone, using the back lens of your device (not your selfie camera). The recording must be in landscape mode. If you can record during the day, please face a window or natural direct light. The more light, the better!
4. Record a cappella, play an instrument or use an instrumental track from YouTube, Apple Music or Spotify. This can be played on your laptop.
6. Sing the song! The more unique you make the song, the better – as we are ‘reimagining’ them.
I chose "He's sure the boy I love" from the "Beautfiful - the Carol King Musical" and got together for a virtual jam with Daniel Edmonds and James Sarno. Here's the result!